If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A colorful take on traditional guacamole that adds the crunch of fresh apples and the cool, clean flavor of roasted beets. —Shanna Mallon
Serves 2 to 4
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion (from about 1/3 to 1/2 a large one)
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red beets (from about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup diced roasted golden beets (from about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup diced, unpeeled Golden Delicious apple
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander, fresh cilantro, fresh mint, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing together well.
- Adjust salt, pepper and optional herbs to taste. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.