If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite recipes from childhood. It is simple and so delicious! Roast vegetables along with the hens and you'll have a full meal with easy preparation. —Niki Davis
Makes 2 cornish hens
- 2 Cornish Game Hens
- 1 cup White grape juice
- 2 sprigs Fresh basil (about 6 leaves each)
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line roasting pan with tin foil. Pour grape juice into pan. Place roasting rack in pan.
- Remove hens from package, rinse thoroughly, pat dry and place on roaster rack. Stuff 1 stem of basil into each hen cavity for added flavor.
- Combine oil, garlic powder, thyme, poultry seasoning, and paprika. Smear oil and herb mixture evenly on each hen.
- Roast for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove from oven and let rest a few minutes. Serve with roasted vegetables of your choice.