If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I thought of this one hot sultry afternoon when I was looking for something to serve friends that were coming over - something light, breezy but with a tang. —THE FUTURE MBA
Main salad ingredients
bunches watercress, with hearty green leaves
large red grapefruit
tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
- Trim the ends of the watercress sprigs.
- Soak the bunches of watercress in water salted with the sea salt or kosher salt for a half hour, rinsing them afterwards in cold filtered water.
- Break off the individual endive leaves, and soak them in salted water as well, also for a half hour, rinsing them afterwards in cold filtered water as well.
- Slice the grapefruit in half, carefully scoop out each half and cut into approximately 2" x 2" wedges, and drop into the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and then dress it with the mustard-olive oil dressing, stirring it in.
Mustard Olive-oil dressing
teaspoon mustard, preferably Dijon-style
tablespoons olive oil, preferably organic extra virgin
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, with the "fine" setting.
large lemon, preferably juicy
- Mix the mustard and the olive oil together in a large bowl, and using a stainless steel whisk, whisk the emulsion.
- Squeeze the lemon into the bowl, and continue whisking.
- Mix the pepper into the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff