If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I suddenly noticed that I had a profusion of red vegetables and decided to see how their individual characteristics would play off against each other...the result was a delightful confluence of flavors and aromas!
—THE FUTURE MBA
"RED ALL OVER" Salad
- 2 large ripe hothouse tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, preferably deep red and organic
- 12 radishes, trimmed, washed, and halved
- 12 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 3 tablespoons sea salt or kosher salt
- Slice each of the tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices, and halve them.
- Cut the peppers into 3" strips.
- Soak the red leaf lettuce leaves in water salted with the sea salt or kosher salt for a half hour, then rinse with cold filtered water.
- Cut the lettuce leaves into thirds.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a stainless steel bowl, apply the dressing, and mix thoroughly.
Lemon Olive Oil Dressing
- 2 large lemons, juicy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably organic extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, "fine" setting
- Squeeze the lemons, combine with the olive oil, and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk the emulsion thoroughly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch