If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Naan bread tacos with red cabbage, carrot, mango, spicy shrimps and tzatziki. —Renee AFS
Makes 8 tacos
Marinated shrimps, naan and vegetables
- 8 naan breads
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1 baby romaine lettuce
- 3 big carrots
- 1 mango
- 400 grams uncooked, peeled prawns
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 chilli, grated
- salt and pepper
- 3 limes
- Make the marinade for you shrimps by combining the garlic, honey, olive oil and chilli. Add some salt and pepper and let the shrimps marinade for about 10-15 mins.
- You can use a kitchen machine to cut your carrots and red cabbage into thin slices or do it yourself: Peel the carrots and cut into 8cm lengths. Trim 1 side and turn to lie flat. Repeat 3 more times to trim the remaining sides. Carefully cut 1 trimmed carrot piece lengthways into 2-4mm thick slices. Arrange the carrot slices in a stack. Carefully slice the carrot stack lengthways into matchsticks. Repeat with the remaining carrot pieces. Do the same for the red cabbage.
- Peel and cut the mango into cubes.
- Preheat a skillet. Bake the shrimps until they are golden and crispy.
- Now you can start layering up. Start with the naan bread, add 2 leaves of lettuce, some carrot, red cabbage and mango cubes. Scatter over a few shrimps and finish with the tzatziki.
- Drizzle over some lime juice and enjoy!
- 500 milliliters greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 cucumber, very thinly sliced
- few sprigs fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- To make the tzatziki, combine the yoghurt, garlic, cucumber and mint leaves. Add some salt and pepper and finish with some fresh mint leaves.