If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Savory, spicy guacamole, smoky, sweet mole sauce. Tangy, salty cheese and crispy bacon. A new American take on Mexican classics. —PatrickM
Makes 6 bugers
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 3-4 Cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 Small tomato, diced to 1/4 inch pieces (on the vine works best)
- 1/2 Medium white onion, diced to 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 Jalepeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 pinches Salt
- 2 pinches Freshly cracked black pepper
- Mash avocados in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Cover with plastic and set aside until burgers are ready. Resist temptation to open bag of chips and eat all the guacamole.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Medium white onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups Diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Chicken or veal stock
- 2 Chipotle peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon Adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinammon
- 2 ounces Mexican or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Creamy peanut butter
- Add oil to pan on medium high and allow to get hot.
- Add in onions and saute for 5-6 minutes until translucent
- Add in garlic and dry spices and cook for one more minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Then simmer on low for 30 minutes until sauce is thickened and rich in color.
- Blend mixture in blender and then strain.
- Top cooked burger with mole sauce and guacamole. Finish with crisp bacon, and queso fresco or goat cheese. Add thinly sliced red peppers or pickled jalepenos for some extra zing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe