If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pomegranate molasses is made by boiling down the juice of a tart variety of pomegranate to a thick syrup. It’s an extraordinary ingredient, rich and luscious, tart and sweet all at the same time. It can be used as a marinade for meats or drizzled over roasted veggies. It adds an extra dimension to this salad, creating a balance between the milky mozzarella and the warm nectarines. Serve either on individual plates or on a platter on a sunny summer’s evening. —Dublin Cookery School
Roasted Nectarines with Buffalo Mozarella
ripe nectarines (or peaches)
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons pomegranate molasses, plus extra for drizzling
grams x3 balls of buffalo mozzarella
FOR THE WA LNUT PESTO
grams walnuts, roughly chopped
grams freshly grated Parmesan
milliliters good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- Split the nectarines in half, remove the stones and place on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Rub all over with olive oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the walnut pesto, place the walnuts on a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5–8 minutes. Set aside and leave to cool. Chop the nuts finely. Mix the Parmesan, walnuts and olive oil in a bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, pomegranate molasses and sea salt. Place the rocket in a bowl. Just before serving, pour some dressing over the leaves just to coat.
- To serve, place a bed of rocket salad on each plate and sit 2 roasted nectarine halves on top. Break up the mozzarella into chunks and place it around the leaves. Spoon over some walnut pesto and then drizzle with some pomegranate molasses.
- NO TE An alternative way to prepare the nectarines is to griddle them. Preheat the griddle until smoking. Rub the nectarines with olive oil. Place flesh side down on the hot griddle for 2–3 minutes. Remove from the griddle and continue as above. See page 42 for tips on griddling.