If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipe this summer when the kitchen I was working in needed to use up a lot of extra cauliflower. Due to our clientele's dietary needs, it also needed to be low-fat and low-salt and vegan.
Like most soups and stews, this soup tastes even better the next day it also freezes really well. —Savorykitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 15 ounces can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- cream, optional
- cilantro, optional
- lime, optional
- Heat a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat and add the oil and vegetables. Saute the vegetables until softened and brown. Add the curry powder and cayenne and saute for three more minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes and enough water to the pan to nearly cover the vegetables. Cover the pan and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender or with an immersion stick blender until the soup is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro, a drizzle of cream, and/or a wedge of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cauliflower Recipe