If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoky citrus-herb marinated flank steaks topped with a salty olive and caper tapenade. —Riley Wofford
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted Sicilian olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 anchovy fillet packed in oil, drained and minced
- Stir together the olive oil, olives, capers, garlic, and anchovy in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Place the steak in a large baking dish. Stir together the orange zest, orange juice, shallots, garlic, oregano, paprika, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture over both sides of the steak to cover completely. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the steak for 6 to 8 minutes per side, until a golden brown crust forms and the meat is cooked through. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the steaks against the grain and transfer to a platter. Spoon the olive tapenade over the top and serve.