If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just a hint of lavender in this gluten-free Honey-lavender shortbread makes them simply delicious, especially when half-dipped in luscious dark chocolate. —Laurie_GlutenFreeYummy
- 1 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 cup Potato Starch
- 1/2 cup Ultra-fine Brown Rice Flour
- 1 tablespoon Lavender buds crushed
- 3.5 ounces Dark Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- Place butter and honey in mixer with wire attachment and mix until a creamy lite color appears (approximately 3 minutes).
- In separate bowl, add all dry ingredients and blend.
- Change attachment on mixer to a paddle and slowly add flour to honey-butter mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Gently rub dried lavender buds between your finger and thumb softly crush buds. Add to flour mix and mix until just incorporated.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a lightly non-stick sprayed piece of plastic wrap and completely cover. Place in the refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes or until butter has solidified.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap and place on a non-stick sprayed tart pan, cookie sheet, or pie plate. mold dough to fit to the edges (lay a sheet of parchment paper over dough to prevent it from sticking to your hands).
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 18-22 minutes or until edges turn slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into rectangles, squares, or triangles.
- heat a few inched of water in a pan and place a double broiler over the top. Place dark chocolate and coconut oil in double broiler and heat until just melted.
- Dip one end of cut shortbread into the dark chocolate and place on parchment paper for drying. Dry chocolate completely before serving.