If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe creates spoonfuls of summer flavors! as with most chilled soups (except maybe gazpacho), i tend to enjoy just a small serving along with a heftier entree or salad. maybe that's just me. maybe you want a giant bowl of this soup all to yourself, in which case it would make about 2-3 large bowls. —aubrey | drum beets
- 2 small - medium english cucumbers, cut into cubes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup shelled fresh english peas
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil & fresh peas for garnish
- combine all ingredients into a blender adding just enough water to get things moving. blend until smooth. start with a smaller amount of mint and add more after tasting. you don't want the mint to overpower the flavor of the fresh peas, but let it present enough that it balances with the flavor of the parsley.
- chill for at least one hour to let the flavors meld. taste again and season to taste with salt & pepper. to serve, drizzle portions of soup with a teaspoon of olive oil and garnish with a few shelled peas and torn mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup