If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired and adapted from Chicken Enchilada Cups recipe by Jessica from Lil Miss Bossy: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chicken-enchilada-cups/9cfa4741-dda0-4911-8da7-726d481a4345
Instead of using a sauce pack like the original recipe calls for I opted to use some plain tomato sauce alongside some cumin and smoked paprika. Taste just like enchilada sauce without the extra stuff. I didn’t quite want small enchilada cups so instead of using a cookie cutter for the tortillas I carefully stuffed them into my muffin tin. Minus two torn tortilla casualties (that were patched up with cheese) it still achieved the same effect. —Marissa E | In My Yellow Cardigan
- 2 small eggplants (diced)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 16 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- Optional: pickled jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, green onions
- Heat oven to 350°F. Using a 12 regular-size muffin cups pan spray number of holes you’ll be using with olive oil cooking spray.
- Microwave tortillas on High 15 seconds to soften. Carefully place each in muffin cup. If tortillas happen to get a small tear, no worries as step four handles that!
- In saucepan, toss together chicken, eggplants, seasonings and cook over medium heat until all items are mixed together and sauce is well mixed into chicken. Be sure to taste test to adjust seasoning for taste.
- Sprinkle bottom of each tortilla cup with shredded cheese (put extra cheese in to plug any tears your tortilla might have had from step two) and then begin placing chicken and eggplant mixture into each cup. Top each with another teaspoon of cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisped and browned around the edges.
- To serve, top each with preferred garnishes.