If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These protein packed black bean burgers are super flavorful and easy to make. Make a huge batch for a lunch/dinner party and freeze the leftovers. —themessimake.com
Makes about 10 patties
- 1 can (16 oz) black beans
- 1 can (16 oz) red kidney beans
- 1 can (8 oz) canned corn
- 1/2 green bell pepper - finely chopped
- 1/2 onion - finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños - finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- salt, to taste
- 100 calorie sandwich buns
- mayonnaise to spread on buns
- sliced tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
- Rinse and dry beans.
- Mash the beans and mix in garlic, onions, green peppers, jalapeños and corn.
- Mix in Sriracha, red pepper flakes, garam masala, cumin powder, taco seasoning and salt.
- Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Make 2 inch patties, 1/4 inch thick.
- Line patties on a greased baking pan, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the burger: spread some mayo on buns, place lettuce, tomatoes, patty and sprinkle cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe