If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Watch your backs, fussy, flaky puff pastries. Slash your prices, conceited caviar. Salami, once considered déclassé in the haute hors d’oeuvres world, is taking pompous parties by storm. A snap to put together, this salty and spicy beef is baked into a sticky, syrupy scene-stealer. Take that, smug smoked salmon. —bitememore
- 7 cups kosher beef salami, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3.5 cups Heinz chili sauce
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cubed salami in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk chili sauce, jam, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over salami.
- Bake uncovered, stirring every 20 minutes, for 11/2 to 2 hours, until the sauce is reduced by half and thickened. Serve with toothpicks.