If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sweet breakfast take on the parsnip —CookingMonster
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 raw parsnips, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup oil (I used organic sunflower)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vanilla dairy-free yogurt (I used coconut milk-based)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 handful toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare muffin tin. This recipe makes 12 pretty substantial muffins. I like using liners, but if you'd prefer you can just grease your tins well.
- Combine dry ingredients: gluten free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix wet ingredients: both sugars, oil, eggs, yogurt. And add the grated parsnips.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients. There's no real exact science here; just fold until well-blended. It'll be a pretty lumpy batter.
- Divide the batter evenly into muffin tin. They'll puff out over the tops, but I still fill them pretty full. I like a hearty muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Err on the shorter side if you're using a dark metal muffin tin.