If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is adaptation of the Venetian risotto, using fish stock and corn with black arborio from Campania. —Louis
White onion, unsalted butter, garlic, white fish stock,
- 1/2 White onion minced
- 3 Clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil & unsalted butter
- Sauté' white onion and garlic in butter and oil until almost clear. Add two tablespoons of water or wine halfway through the sauté to slow the cooking. Add black rice, pepper and coat with hot oil and butter . Keep it moving with a wooden spatula until almost toasted.
- Fill a large stock pot with water, add bouquet garni, white fish, 1/2 white onion. Bring to a boil, skim, turn down to simmer for twenty minutes.
- Two ladles at a time add white clear stock to black rice. Keep stirring until the stock evaporates. Repeat until the rice becomes creamy and the grains have a very slight tooth " broken backs" 40 minutes to an hour depending on heat of both stock and risotto pan.
- When risotto is creamy turn off heat and add Parmesan stir well. Add asparagus tips. Stir. Add corn. Combine. Salt to taste. Transfer to large flat serving dish. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Onto heated plates spoon the risotto evenly. Garnish with shiitakes and basil. Serve .
Roasted corn on the cob, asparagus tips, basil
- 2 Corn cobs
- 1/2 bunch Bunch basil
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1 pint Small shiitake mushrooms
- Roast corn on grill until kernels are toasted. With a knife strip toasted kernels from the cob. set aside.
- Clean and chop in half asparagus tips. Set aside
- Chiffonade basil. Set aside
- Grate two fluffy cups of aged Parmesan. Set aside.