Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Anne Thurton's Raspberry Crumble Bars. They are a quick and easy favorite that are perfect for snacking on the go. Apricot, strawberry, blueberry, and cherry preserves also work well for these scrumptious bars. —Liza's Kitchen NYC
Makes: 16 bars
cup Butter, softened (more for greasing)
cup Rolled Oats
cup Brown Sugar (packed)
Large Egg, beaten
cup Raspberry Preserves or Jam
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, flour, oats, salt and egg into a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix until the dough just comes together and is crumbly.
- Butter a 9x9 inch square baking pan. You can also line it with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Set aside 2 cups of the dough mixture for later.
- Pour the remainder of the mixture into the greased pan, pushing it into the corners. Be sure that it is packed in well and evenly.
- Take the jam and spread it evenly on top of the bottom layer, leaving a one centimeter edge around the edges.
- Place in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown on top, rotating once about half way through if your oven cooks unevenly.
- When cool, use a sharp knife to cut into 16 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe