If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is adapted from Anne Thurton's Raspberry Crumble Bars. They are a quick and easy favorite that are perfect for snacking on the go. Apricot, strawberry, blueberry, and cherry preserves also work well for these scrumptious bars. —Liza's Kitchen NYC
Makes: 16 bars
cup Butter, softened (more for greasing)
cup Rolled Oats
cup Brown Sugar (packed)
Large Egg, beaten
cup Raspberry Preserves or Jam
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, flour, oats, salt and egg into a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix until the dough just comes together and is crumbly.
- Butter a 9x9 inch square baking pan. You can also line it with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Set aside 2 cups of the dough mixture for later.
- Pour the remainder of the mixture into the greased pan, pushing it into the corners. Be sure that it is packed in well and evenly.
- Take the jam and spread it evenly on top of the bottom layer, leaving a one centimeter edge around the edges.
- Place in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown on top, rotating once about half way through if your oven cooks unevenly.
- When cool, use a sharp knife to cut into 16 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe