If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: the inspiration comes from my boyfriend who loves burger while me being a non meat-eater and seafood lover, i am always curious and excited to discover what seafood burger a place could offer apart from fried fish fillet and shrimps patty.. and here i am.. —chris&kevin
the crab cake
- 300 grams fresh crab meat
- 1 fist-sized potato
- 50 grams double cream
- 200 grams all-purposed flour
- 200 grams bread crumb
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1 chopped thai chilli
- 2 teaspoons oliver oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 4 tofu bun, or any other burger bun
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- half medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free mayonnaise
- 1 bunch thyme
- drizzles of reduced balsamic vinegar
- peel and chop potato in small cubes. boil until soften, set aside.
- put butter, thai chilli, garlic, olive oil into a small pot. cook in low fire and slow stirring until garlic turn golden. turn off burner. add potato and mix with ingredients in pot.
- use a fork to mash the potato until ingredients blend well. add double cream, mustard, salt and pepper. continue mixing until the mixture turns smooth. mix crabmeat into the creamy mashed potato.
- use hand to shape the potato and crabmeat into flat round patty shape. i would like it flatter as it would be easier to be pan fried with less oil needed.
- dip the patty over in: 1) flour 2) egg 3) bread crumb, make sure they are all evenly covered, ready to be fried.
- place the patty in pan once the oil starts heating up and bubbling. flip them over after one side turns golden.
- to serve: toast the bun until warm and crispy on the outside. place a handful of rocket, few rings of onion, add drizzles of vinegar (so it's like a salad bed, feel free to add tomato or a slice of swiss cheese), and then the crispy-yet-creamy crab cake, finish with mayo. garnish with a full stick of thyme and lemon wedges. voila!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe