If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beefed up burger with fresh diced mushrooms and a smoky mesquite flavor. Topped with caramelized onions and sautéed mushrooms, Swiss cheese, and a sweet ginger mayonnaise. Served on a fresh bakery bun. —Deana K
Makes 4 burgers
- 1.5 pounds Ground chuck or ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups Fresh mushrooms sliced and diced
- 2 tablespoons Mesquite flavored Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 pieces Swiss cheese
- 1 Onion cut into slivers or diced
- 4 Bakery or deli fresh burger buns
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Combine ground beef, 3/4 cup of diced mushrooms, Liquid Smoke, salt and pepper in a medium to large bowl.
- It is easiest to mix using your hands. Pat out 4 hamburger patties. (This makes 4 medium-large burgers.)
- Cook on pre-heated grill or in a skillet on the stovetop on medium-high heat.
- In a sauté pan, combine olive oil, the sliced onion and the remainder of the diced mushrooms.
- Sauté on medium to medium-high, stirring frequently until onions are brown in color and tender. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- When burgers are done, place on bun, top with Swiss cheese and the sautéed onions and mushrooms.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon Granulated sugar
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and mix together well.
- Spread on top half of hamburger bun. Then, place atop your prepared burger. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe