If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the strong bold flavors of the Mediterranean and took the liberty of incorporating them into this burger. Eat this open face or place in a bun...either way it's great! —inpatskitchen
For the burger
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, wilted, squeezed very dry and chopped ( I set the leaves in a bowl and microwaved them 20 seconds at a time until wilted)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane or very finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unseasoned panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Gently combine all the ingredients, cover and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours for the mixture to firm up and to allow the flavors to blend.
The Tomato Relish and putting it all together
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Greek yogurt or labneh
- 4 pita breads or your favorite burger buns
- The chicken burger mix
- Combine the onion, tomato, parsley,oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil and set aside.
- Form the chicken mixture into 4 patties. Light your grill to medium and oil the grates. Grill the patties until done, making sure they reach an internal temperature of around 165F.
- Spread some yogurt over the center of each pita or on the bottom of each bun. Top with the burger and crown with the tomato relish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe