If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: definitely the quick and easy way to break our morning egg routine and satisfy the early craving for cheese. delicious and totally obsessive. —chris&kevin
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece frozen potato fritta
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 6 chunks of marinated artichokes
- 1 pinch thai chilli, chopped
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch thyme, chopped
- 100 grams parmesan, grated
- 100 grams gruyere, grated
- preheat oven to 390ºF (200ºC).
- bake the potato fritter and separate into 8 pieces.
- put eggs, double cream, water, thyme, chilli, salt and pepper in bowl, whisk until all mixed well.
- pour the egg mixture, filling half of the height of baking dish(es). layer artichokes and potato fritters in the mixture. pour remaining egg mixture on top, leaving around 1 cm of the container unfilled for mixture to rise in oven.
- sprinkle the gruyere and parmesan. finish with splash of olive oil and drizzles of truffle oil.
- bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes. observe it until the mixture starts rising and turning a little brown on the top.
- garnish with full stick of thyme.
- *adding water to the egg will loosen the mixture and add fluffiness, while adding cream will add silkiness. *we used two oven dishes of 9x7cm.