If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I entered this in a Canadian county fair.... got 3rd prize...
- 12 Metal or Bamboo Skewers
- 1 tablespoon packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- teaspoons Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne (ground red) Pepper
- Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 pound 16-20 count Shelled Deveined Shrimp
- 3 medium Peaches, cut into 1" chucks
- 1 bunch Green Onions, dark green parts trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- Lime Wedges, for serving
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in cold water at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on high. In large bowl, combine brown sugar, chile powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add shrimp, peaches, and onion; toss until evenly coated. Thread shrimp, peaches, and onion alternately onto skewers. Grill 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and shrimp just become opaque throughout, turning once. Serve with lime wedges.