If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my mom's recipe - squash with an attitude.... —Jen Smallwood
- 1 1/2 pounds Summer Squash, diced (zucchini & yellow
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 ounce (4oz) Can Diced Green Chilies, optional
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Shedded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Chives, optional
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Place squash, onion and butter in a big enough saucepan and saute until tender; but still crisp. Fold in chilies, flour, salt and pepper. Place in a greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey cheese. Combine egg, cottage cheese, parsley and chives. Layer over Monterey cheese, sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until heated through.
- (I Have Used a Combination of Pepper Jack, cheddar and monterey, with great results)