If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: it took me several batches to get this version.....for hearty soup makes a perfect one-pot supper. —Jen Smallwood
Serves 4 servings
- 1 pound Spanish Chorizo, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Baking Potato, peeled and diced
- 6 Ears of Corn, kernels removed or 3 to 4 cups frozen corn
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 3 large Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 4 - 5 sprigs Sprigs Thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 Dry Bay Leaf
- 1 28-oz can Fire-roasted Tomatoes
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Bunch Kale, thick stems removed, leaves roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
- Bread, for dipping
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of olive oil, about 2 tablespoons. Add the chorizo and cook stirring every now and then for 2-3 minutes. Add the potatoes and corn, and brown that up a little bit, then add bell pepper, onions, garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in the tomatoes and chicken stock, and bring up to a bubble. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the kale and simmer for 5 more minutes. Garnish soup with parsley or cilantro and lime juice and serve with lots of bread for dipping alongside.