If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple soup of cauliflower and tomato, this one is good warm or chilled! —inpatskitchen
Makes about 2 quarts
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce (I used Marcella Hazan's with onion and butter)
- 7 cups chicken broth (I think vegetable broth might be equally as good)
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and then liberally season with the salt and pepper. Roast in a pre heated 350F oven for about 30 minutes or until the edges of the cauliflower just begin to brown.
- In a medium soup pot warm one tablespoon of olive oil, add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until soft and fragrant. Add the roasted cauliflower and tomato sauce and bring up to a simmer.
- Add the broth, bring up to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Cool a bit and then blend the soup, in batches in a blender until smooth or use an immersion blender and blend the soup right in the pot. Bring back up to a simmer if serving warm. Cool and refrigerate for a few hours if serving chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup