If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It needs a couple of Feta cheese cubes, sprigs of fresh herbs, a hot chili pepper, garlic and good olive oil. All ingredients come in a glass jar and stay for 3-4 days in the fridge or a dark pantry corner in order to fully develop their flavors. he marinated Feta cheese cubes fits best into a plate of starters or mashed and spread over grilled farmer's bread. Perfect company for a glass of wine. —Cookingly Yours
- 250gr Feta cheese cut in cubes
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thymian
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red hot chili pepper, slices, kernels removed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil - maybe a littel more
- Put 1/3 of feta cubes in a jar.
- Add 1/3 of fresh herbs, chili and garlic.
- Repeat procedure till all ingredients used.
- Pour the olive oil: depending on the jar size you may need a little more, as it needs to cover the feta cubes.
- Close the jar and slightly shake it up and down, left and right.
- Keep it in the fridge or in a dark corner of the pantry.
- Taste is best after 5-7 days, but 3 days will do too.
- Oil may thicken in the fridge. It will become fluid when taken out for 30 minutes.
- Note: Before using the herbs, press them lightly between your fingers or with a wooden spoon to help them release their flavors.