If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was a bit of a slap-dash idea, coming together just before house guests arrived, and I was without a pre-dinner cocktail nosh. I found a few ripe avacados in the bin, but a fruit too short for what I needed. A stash of spinach seemed like a worthy and recipe increasing addition, and thus this brilliant green dip. Even better, it keeps its color without the obligatory plastic wrap overtop. A friend suggested it was "food52 worthy" so here it is! —ACK Kitchen
Makes about 3 cups
- 6 Avacados, halved and scooped from the skin
- 2 handfuls Fresh Spinach leaves
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 Large clove garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Scallions, white part only, sliced in slender circles
- 1/8 teaspoon Seeded and minced jalapeno pepper, or, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- Combine the garlic and fresh spinach leaves in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until fine.
- Add lime juice, jalapeno,sea salt and avacado halves to spinach mixture, pulsing just until coursely combined.
- Add scallions and pulse three times. Add sea salt, lime juice and jalapeno to taste.