Author Notes: If your oven has a broiler, this is a fast and fun way to liven up a standard, healthy breakfast of grapefruit. This method produces a hot and sticky treat. —Leanne Brown
tablespoons brown sugar
- Turn on the broiler in your oven.
- Split a grapefruit in half and place it on a baking tray or in an oven-proof pan. Sprinkle the pink halves evenly with sugar and top with just a tiny bit of salt to bring out the flavor.
- Place the grapefruit halves under the broiler until they turn bubbly and a little brown (or even black) around the edges. This usually takes about 3 minutes, but monitor it because every broiler is different. Don’t get distracted! Overbroiling ruins a good meal fast.
- If you have maple syrup on hand, use it instead of sugar for even more flavor. This breakfast will make a grapefruit lover out of you!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!