If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If your oven has a broiler, this is a fast and fun way to liven up a standard, healthy breakfast of grapefruit. This method produces a hot and sticky treat. —Leanne Brown
- 2 grapefuit
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Turn on the broiler in your oven.
- Split a grapefruit in half and place it on a baking tray or in an oven-proof pan. Sprinkle the pink halves evenly with sugar and top with just a tiny bit of salt to bring out the flavor.
- Place the grapefruit halves under the broiler until they turn bubbly and a little brown (or even black) around the edges. This usually takes about 3 minutes, but monitor it because every broiler is different. Don’t get distracted! Overbroiling ruins a good meal fast.
- If you have maple syrup on hand, use it instead of sugar for even more flavor. This breakfast will make a grapefruit lover out of you!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!