If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every Friday I get together with my best girlfriend (a vegetarian) and we eat, drink and laugh the day away. We always have a recipe or idea to challenge each other with. We found a recipe for fried avocado tacos that was just way over the top. We tried it and it was ok. But it was just to much prep, to many ingredients and to much cooking. So this is our simple and delicious version, enjoy! —Danielle
- 1 Large ripe avocado
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Smoked sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. In a small shallow dish mix panko crumbs and spices. Split avocado in half remove stone and slice into thick wedges. Lightly press the avocado slices into seasoned crumbs and turn to coat all over.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Arrange avocado slices evenly on foil and spray top with cooking spray. Bake 7-10 minutes or until the crumbs are light crispy brown. Place on serving tray.
- 4-8 Small soft flour tortillas
- 1 cup Diced tomatillos (approx 3-4 medium)
- 1 Small jalapeno diced
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 Lime juiced (approx 2-3 Tbs)
- 1 cup Diced tomato
- 1 cup Sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup Queso fresco crumbled
- Once avocado is done turn off oven and place the tortillas in the oven to warm while you prep the rest. In a small bowl mix sour cream, tomatillos, jalapeno, and the juice from the lime. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. Serve all the other ingredients in small bowls to make your own at the table.
- Take one small tortilla place 2-3 pieces crispy avocado in the center and add any or all the toppings, repeat again, and again, enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados