If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the easiest, most delicious things I make. The combination of sweet, unctuous, sour, and spicy is utterly addictive. This salad is good for breakfast, or makes a great lunch alongside a plain cheese quesadilla.
The number of mangoes and avocados I use depends on their relative sizes -- I like to have a little bit more mango than avocado, because I think the flavor balance is better that way. —Emily Whetstone
Food52 Review: We served this salad atop smoked chicken tacos as a light, refreshing salsa. I loved the sweetness of the mangoes and the creaminess of the avocado. I had the idea to toss in a quick pickled red onion, and the crunch made it the perfect addition to our summer supper. —TaraT
Serves 2 to 3
lime (preferably organic)
dashes cayenne pepper
- Peel mangoes and avocado, cut into cubes, and mix together.
- Sprinkle with salt and cayenne to taste -- I like mine pretty spicy.
- Zest and juice lime. Use the juice to dress the salad, and sprinkle a little zest on top for garnish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados