Author Notes: This is one of the easiest, most delicious things I make. The combination of sweet, unctuous, sour, and spicy is utterly addictive. This salad is good for breakfast, or makes a great lunch alongside a plain cheese quesadilla.
The number of mangoes and avocados I use depends on their relative sizes -- I like to have a little bit more mango than avocado, because I think the flavor balance is better that way. —Emily Whetstone
Food52 Review: We served this salad atop smoked chicken tacos as a light, refreshing salsa. I loved the sweetness of the mangoes and the creaminess of the avocado. I had the idea to toss in a quick pickled red onion, and the crunch made it the perfect addition to our summer supper. —TaraT
Serves: 2 to 3
lime (preferably organic)
dashes cayenne pepper
- Peel mangoes and avocado, cut into cubes, and mix together.
- Sprinkle with salt and cayenne to taste -- I like mine pretty spicy.
- Zest and juice lime. Use the juice to dress the salad, and sprinkle a little zest on top for garnish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados