If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very Brazilian recipe, which is usually served at a winter festival that happens in June. It is slightly cooler than usual (thank God), so we serve different kinds of soup, stews and a delicious version of mulled wine (with loads of cachaça and spices).
June is gone, I know, but since it’s still a little chilly, then why not? This is my favorite time of the year, since it combines the cold, this amazing festival and my birthday (I turned 30, folks!). All the good stuff! The food and drink served in “Festa Junina” (literally June Festival) is just awesome. And this one is for me, the queen of the party! It is basically a sweet white corn porridge. The recipe is pretty simple. The thing is finding the corn ;-) —Ana Sonali Queiroz
- 1000 grams canjica (white corn)
- 1 1/2 liters milk
- 800 grams sweet condensed milk
- 200 grams cream
- 1/2 cup toasted and ground peanuts
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- Sugar to taste
- Leave the corn immersed in water for a few water, until it absorbs most of it. Cook it in a pressure cooker with water (or milk) for about 40 minutes. Drain the water. The kernels will be tender, but not too soft.
- In a big pot, put the canjica with milk, cream and condensed milk. Let it boil for a few minutes and cook in low heat until it starts to thicken. Check the seasoning. Add cinnamon and peanuts. And that’s it! Serve warm with more peanuts on the side, for the peanut junkies (like myself).