If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I ran into my uncle one evening after a long day at work. He said he was going home to saute an avocado in olive oil and toss it with pasta. That sounded good to me. So I bought a perfectly ripe avocado, went home and put my own spin on my uncle's idea. —mary mcdonald
- 6 ounces vermicelli or pasta of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 anchovie filet
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 avocado, diced and tossed with the lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in skillet (medium heat). Add anchovie filet and break it up with a spoon as it heats.
- Stir in garlic and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in avacado smashing it with a spoon as it heats through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and pasta cooking water.
- Let it sauce reduce a bit then add romano cheese.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.