If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This scone recipe is light, fluffy, and just the right amount of sweet! Vegan & Dairy-free. —Aileen Metcalf
- 1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, aluminum-free
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons organic non-hydrogenated shortening, like Spectrum
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup spiced rum, like Kraken
- 4 plums, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Grease a muffin tin with a little organic shortening.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and shortening. Process the ingredients until the dough resembles a meal.
- Add the liquid ingredients and pulse a few times. The dough should look like a thick batter.
- Using a cookie scoop, place one scoop of batter in each muffin tin. Add a few of the sliced plums to the tins and press them down onto the dough.
- Cover the plums with another dollop of dough and smush it down so that it somewhat covers the fruit.
- Cover each scone with a sprinkle of cane sugar and pop them into the oven for 12-15 minutes.