If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Citrus helps bring out the avocados creaminess and cuts the buttery-ness. Super simple salad! When you DON'T want to wait for your avocados to ripen!! —Miss Hangrypants
- 1 orange
- 1 not very ripe Avocado
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4-5 tablespoons Grapeseed oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper
- Make the dressing: mix mustard, honey, grapeseed oil, lemon juice together. Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut skin off orange and thinly slice round segments lengthwise (top to bottom slicing)
- Cut Avocados across at the shortest width (NOT MIDLINE top to bottom - like the traditional method). So when you thinly slice it (by first taking the seed out), the slices come out as rings.
- Plate by alternating sliced oranges and avocados. Pour dressing over.
- Crack pepper and salt. Garnish with chives
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados