Author Notes: Citrus helps bring out the avocados creaminess and cuts the buttery-ness. Super simple salad! When you DON'T want to wait for your avocados to ripen!! —Miss Hangrypants
not very ripe Avocado
bunch chives, chopped finely
tablespoons whole grain mustard
tablespoons Grapeseed oil
teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
salt and pepper
- Make the dressing: mix mustard, honey, grapeseed oil, lemon juice together. Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut skin off orange and thinly slice round segments lengthwise (top to bottom slicing)
- Cut Avocados across at the shortest width (NOT MIDLINE top to bottom - like the traditional method). So when you thinly slice it (by first taking the seed out), the slices come out as rings.
- Plate by alternating sliced oranges and avocados. Pour dressing over.
- Crack pepper and salt. Garnish with chives
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados