If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Weight Watchers Magazine, July/Aug 2014 —Aileen Metcalf
- 1 1/3 cups organic whole wheat pastry flour, like Bob's Red Mill
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder, aluminum-free
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons organic non-hydrogenated shortening, like Spectrum
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- Zest from one orange
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed, ground
- 3 tablespoons orange-infused vodka
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or another type of non-dairy milk
- 3 plums, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease an 8x8 oven-safe container with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax and vodka in a small bowl and let it thicken for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar, shortening, zest, and vanilla. Add the almond milk and flax mixture. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Placed the sliced plums on top and press down slightly. Sprinkle it with some organic cane sugar and almond slices.
- Bake the buckle for 35-40 minutes. Insert a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.