If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here’s a Mexican inspired spin on chicken salad. Creamy avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro, green onion and lime add bold flavor and zing to shredded chicken making a great sandwich filling or tortilla topping. —Brooklyn Salt
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 seeded, chopped tomato
- 1-2 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 scallion (white and light parts only), chopped finely
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mash the avocado until smooth.
- Mix in the tomato, cilantro, green onion, lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss in the shredded chicken and mix well until fully coated.
- Serve on bread, crackers, lettuce cups, pita, salad, tortilla chips, taco shells or a wrap
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados