If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In my eyes anything with avocados is a WIN. Don't know what to do about leftovers, stuff it in an avocado, you can't go wrong :) This is an extremely versatile recipe, any leftovers would go GREAT!! Leftover chili? Can of tuna sitting in your pantry? Leftover salad or slaw? Leftover chicken --> chicken salad stuffed avocados. Add some Sriracha to give it a "kick" and you're in for a protein-packed treat! Made with greek yogurt, no mayo, no oil, but lots of great seasoning. The chicken salad included leftover organic roasted chicken I had done the Sunday night before. Feel free to adjust the ingredients, add more veggies, add more spices, add salsa & black beans for a tex-mex version! Endless possibilities! The PICTURE reflects my simple chicken salad made with a greek yogurt dressing, celery, roasted shallots and raisins. —Stacy
- 1 large hass avocado, cut in half, pit removed
- 1 cup diced organic roasted chicken
- Veggies/Fruits: diced peppers, shallots/purple onions, tomatoes, celery, grapes/raisins, etc.
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 dash ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- Additional: cumin, cardamom, cayenne, paprika
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the dressing ingredients together to desired consistency.
- Scoop 1/2 of an avocado and dice. Place into a bowl
- Add rest of chicken salad ingredients together. Add dressing ingredients a tablespoon at a time to desired consistency. Add more chicken, more veggies, as needed. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Stuff it back into each 1/2 empty avocado "shell". Add chopped cilantro, dill, chives, or parsley on top and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad