If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great way to use left over chicken and a lighter take on the typical sandwich. Dark meat is okay if you don't have white. The cilantro adds a nice touch and the carrots, cucumber and green onion are refreshing. (use organic ingredients if you can--it makes a huge difference in taste I think...) —coffeefoodwritergirl
- 1 breast of chicken (peferably organic)
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1/4 carrot (julienned)
- 1/4 cucmber (julienned)
- 2 leaves Napa cabbage (julienned)
- 3-4 green onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise (homemade if poss. -- if not I like Best Foods)
- sea salt (I used Himalayan pink -- but any sea salt will work)
- fresh ground pepper
- 3-4 leaves romaine lettuce
- Mix all ingredients (except lettuce leaves) in a large bowl. Adjust for salt and pepper. Spoon into lettuce cups. Serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe