If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" - Aristotle
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- salt & pepper
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- 4 instant ramen noodle cakes
- 4 celery sticks, plus leafy tops
- splashes vegetable oil
- splashes fish sauce
- dashes garlic/onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 sesame oil
- spring onions, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Pat chicken dry, season generously with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and skin is cripsy. You can also grill the chicken, if you prefer.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on stove. Tear lettuce leaves into smaller pieces. Blanch lettuce for up to 30 seconds then remove and set aside.
- In the same water, cook instant noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and return to the pot.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the meat from the bone and chop into bite sized strips. Pour the pan juices into the noodle pot, add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and toss to coat. (If it still looks a little dry, add a splash of chicken stock.)
- Fry the celery in a hot pan with a splash of oil, fish sauce and a dash of garlic/onion powder until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Build 4 bowls of noodles, lettuce, chicken pieces, celery, and garnish with finely chopped spring onion.