If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Bison. The flavor is similar to a good quality grass fed beef and it is lean. Salt and pepper is all you really need to season them and a little Worcestershire sauce. I like to pan fry them but they taste just as good grilled. Pan frying allows the cheese to completely surround the patty by placing the lid on to steam the burger. It's an ooey gooey delight! —Gypsyspirit
Makes 4 1/2 lb burger patties
Bison burger patty
- 2 pounds Ground Bison meat
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Good quality sea salt
- 8 Slices of sharp cheddar
- bunches Of baby salad greens
- 1 Small Vidalia onion
- 1 Small organic tomato
- 4 Pretzel buns
- 6 ounces Mayonnaise
- 1 Small can of chipotle peppers in adobo
- splashes Worcestershire sauce
- Add salt, pepper and shire sauce to ground bison and mix by hand. Form the bison into 4 1/2 burger patties. Heat a medium skillet and add a Glug of olive oil. Place patties in pan and cook each side for about 6 minutes. Add a splash of water the pan and put lid on until burgers reach a temp of 135. Remove lid and place 2 slices of cheese on each patty. Put lid back on until the cheese covers the sides of the burger and the internal temp reaches 140-145 degrees for a medium burger. Place burgers on a plate to rest. Meanwhile prepare chipotle mayo.
- Put mayo, shire sauce and chipotle peppers in a food processor until smooth. Build your burger! Smear a healthy amount of mayo on the bottom of your bun, top with onion slices, tomato slices, baby greens and finally the burger and bun top. Hold with two hands and use lots of napkins.