Author Notes: Avocado is transformed into a light. filling pie, set atop a toasted Date Nut Crust and topped with Coconut Whipped Cream. Perfect for Dessert, but healthy and fresh enough for Breakfast, Brunch, or a snack anytime! —Indira @ illcookyouwash
Date & Nut Crust
Medjool Dates, pitted
tablespoon Shredded Coconut
Avocado Filling & Coconut Topping
tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
tablespoon Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
tablespoon Agave Syrup / Honey
cup Coconut Milk (solid part)
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor - the dough should be slightly sticky.
- Press with damp hands into 1 pie plate or 4 tart pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the Pie: Combine avocado flesh, mascarpone, coconut whipped cream, lemon juice & agave / honey in mixing bowl.
- Whip for about 3 minutes until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Spoon into prepared pie crusts & chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- To make the Coconut whipped cream: Whip coconut milk with mixer or immersion blender until light and milk resembles whipped cream.
- Keep pie refrigerated. Serve chilled. Top large pie or each tart with a dollop of coconut whipped cream & shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados