If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocado is transformed into a light. filling pie, set atop a toasted Date Nut Crust and topped with Coconut Whipped Cream. Perfect for Dessert, but healthy and fresh enough for Breakfast, Brunch, or a snack anytime! —Indira @ illcookyouwash
Date & Nut Crust
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Pistachios
- 4 Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon Shredded Coconut
Avocado Filling & Coconut Topping
- 1 Avocado, medium
- 2 tablespoons Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tablespoon Agave Syrup / Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk (solid part)
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor - the dough should be slightly sticky.
- Press with damp hands into 1 pie plate or 4 tart pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- For the Pie: Combine avocado flesh, mascarpone, coconut whipped cream, lemon juice & agave / honey in mixing bowl.
- Whip for about 3 minutes until smooth and slightly fluffy.
- Spoon into prepared pie crusts & chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- To make the Coconut whipped cream: Whip coconut milk with mixer or immersion blender until light and milk resembles whipped cream.
- Keep pie refrigerated. Serve chilled. Top large pie or each tart with a dollop of coconut whipped cream & shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados