If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ripe, creamy avocados are stuffed with succulent shrimp salad, the perfect summer lunch or light supper. —Lizthechef
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaved parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Meyer lemon juice (or any lemon juice), divided use
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, cleaned, cooked, peeled and chilled for 1/2 hour
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and halved
- 2 cups organic baby greens
- chopped fresh dill and grated Meyer lemon zest (optional garnishes)
- Using a non-reactive medium-sized bowl, combine the mayo, celery, scallions, red bell pepper, dill, parsley, 1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) of lemon juice, celery salt and white pepper.
- Add the cooked and cooled shrimp to the dressing and stir gently to mix.
- Toss the avocado halves with remaining teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Fill each avocado half with 1/4 of the shrimp salad.
- Spill 1 cup of greens onto each plate. Top with 2 stuffed avocado halve, garnish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados