If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 2 sandwiches
Ingredients for the spread
- 240gm Finely chopped Spinach
- 1 Avocado
- 1tbsp LEmon juice
- 1tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2tbsp+2tsp Olive oil
- Heat 2tsp of olive oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. Once they turn brown, add the chopped spinach and fry for 2-3min till the spinach wilts a little.
- Add salt and fry for two more minutes. Take off the heat and allow the spinach to cool completely
- Add the lemon juice, pepper powder and the cooled spinach mixture and pulse the mixture for 5-6 times.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsps of olive oil and blend the mixture till smooth.
- Transfer the contents from the blender to a sterilized jar and refrigerate till further use.
For the sandwich
- 4, slices Bread
- 2-3 tbsp Avocado spinach spread
- 1 tbsp Pickled Jalapeños
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2, slices Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1tbsp Butter or oil to shallow fry
- Spread butter or oil on the outside of the bread slices and spread the spinach avocado spread on the inside of the bread.
- Arrange cucumber slices on one slice of bread and place a slice of cheese on top.
- Place 3-4 pieces of picked chili peppers and top with tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste and finally top with another slice of bread, spread side in and press slightly.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and place the prepared sandwich on the hot skillet.
- Grill the sandwich till it is golden brown and the cheese has melted. About 1-2 mins per side and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch