If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These chilled soup shooters are meant to be enjoyed in two slurps. The first to appreciate the subtle, yet flavorful and silky avocado soup. The second to finish a sip with a powerful punch of orange, chili garlic. It awakens your palette and is a playful and vibrant way to start your meal or celebratory occasion. Great as a passed hors d'oeuvres or an amuse bouche. —savorthis
- 2 1/2 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 cup clementine or tangerine juice
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Mix cucumber, grapes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and lime juice and allow to marinate at least an hour or even overnight, stirring once or twice. Blend until smooth and strain through a fine meshed strainer, pushing on solids to extract as much juice as possible. You should have about 12 ounces. Blend with avocado and about 3 T clementine juice until very smooth. It will be thick, but should be pourable, so thin with a bit more juice or tablespoon of water if needed. Chill.
- Reduce 1/2 c clementine juice in a small pot over medium heat until you have about 1 tablespoon. Mix with vinegar and chili garlic.
- Once avocado mixture is cold, taste and adjust salt to taste. Divide chili garlic mixture between 8 shot glasses. Very carefully pour avocado mixture on top. Shoot/slurp/sip!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados