If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wonderful way to use fresh, ripe tomatoes! —Sue OBryan
- 1 1/3 pounds Fresh, ripe large cherry or medium tomatoes
- 1 Package (14 oz.) puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons Each, salt and pepper, and to taste
- In a large pan, melt the butter and one tablespoon of the sugar together. When it starts to caramelize, add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar all over. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and reduce for 2 minutes. Place the tomatoes in a tart pan. Place the pastry on top of the tomatoes and tuck the sides in. Place the tart in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown.
- Leave the tart to rest for 5 minutes, then flip over on a plate. Pour as much excess liquid as possible. Garnish the tart with fresh thyme leaves.