If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Daughter-in-Law, Kristen, is a talented cook. Many of her recipes have a Southwestern flair. She has learned to use the vegetables in her CSA box in creative ways. When sweet corn is in season she combines it with the kids' favorite food, avocados, to make a warm and refreshing salad. —lakelurelady
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 5 Ears of sweet corn, kernels removed from cob
- 4 Scallions, chopped, white and green parts separated
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 Large avocados, cubed
- Optional ingredients; crisp crumbled cooked bacon, smoked paprika or pickled red onions
- Melt butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Add corn and white parts of the green onions and saute for about 7 minutes. Add the cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Saute for a minute more.
- Remove from heat. Add the lime juice and the cubed avocado. Stir. Transfer to a serving dish,sprinkle with the green slices of the green onion and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados