If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful vibrant salad, refreshing to the palate and a perfect pairing to summer BBQ meals like mahi mahi tacos! Eat it as a side or add it as a slaw to your tacos. It all comes together with a lime, jalapeno, and cilantro vinaigrette. The sweet and spicy tang of the dressing, and crunch of the jicama is a perfect flavor to satisfy any taste bud during the hot days! —Stacy
- 1 jicama, julienned
- 1 mango, peeled thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Optional: red onion
- 1 jalapeno, thinly diced seeds and whites removed
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon stevia, or raw organic honey
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and white pepper
- Optional: 1-2 tb chopped cilantro
- Place all salad ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients. Whisk in the extra virgin olive oil into well incorporated. Adjust sweetener amount depending on how hot or how much jalapeno you add.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Let it sit in the fridge, covered, for at least an hour for the flavors to incorporate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad