If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butter and oil-free savoury muffins spiked with fresh black pepper, perfect for a healthy breakfast or brunch. —quiche'n'tell
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup thick buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda bicarb
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe avocados
- Soak the oats in the buttermilk for an hour.
- Grease and prepare 12 muffin moulds and preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Sift the flour together with salt, baking powder and soda bicarb.
- In another bowl, beat the egg into the oat mixture followed by the avocados and the flour till just combined.
- Add the pepper and chopped olives, and bake for 15-20 minutes till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados