If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad screams summertime! Fresh summer squash noodles are paired with juicy yellow peaches, sugar-sweet cherry tomatoes, and tossed in a bold pesto sauce. —Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
- 1 large bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or sub with parmesan cheese)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 large summer squash (~17.5 ounces total)
- 1 large yellow peach, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor, blend the basil, oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, miso paste, salt, garlic, and walnuts together until smooth. Set aside.
- Spiralize the squash using Blade B. Once the squash has been spiralized, I like to give all the noodles several rough chops so that they're easy to eat (otherwise, the noodles are too long). Chop up the parts of the squash that did not get spiralized and add them to the salad. If you do not have a spiralizer, create vegetable noodles with a julienne peeler or vegetable ribbons with a regular peeler.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles, diced peaches, cherry tomatoes, and 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the pesto sauce together.
- Store the unused pesto and leftover salad in separate containers and refrigerate.