If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad combines papaya, avocado, and other fruit in a delightful melange. Perfect for summer. —THE MATH CHEF
"VACATION IN THE TROPICS" SALAD
large red grapefruits, seedless and juicy
firm but ripe avocados
large unwaxed cucumbers
cup unsalted pecan halves
- Cut each grapefruit in half, and using a sharp knife, make incisions in each section. Extract the sections of grapefruit and place in a large stainless steel bowl. Reserve the juice remaining in the four grapefruit halves.
- Carefully peel each avocado. Cut the avocados into eighths, and combine with the grapefruit sections in the bowl.
- Peel the kiwis and halve them. Combine the kiwi halves with the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Peel and slice the cucumbers and place in the bowl.
- Cut the papayas in half, dispense with the black seeds, and then cut the papayas into approximate half-inch cubes.
- Lace with the light lemon olive oil dressing (see below) mixing the ingredients carefully, not crushing them.
- Pour the pecans over the salad.
LIGHT LEMON OLIVE OIL DRESSING
tablespoon olive oil, preferably organic extra-virgin
cup grapefruit juice
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, fine
- Whisk all of the ingredients together, until they are emulsified.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch